LASER ENGRAVED CHARGE BOOK
Another option is to go with a laser engraved Charge Book, or an engraved Charge Book with a tooled border as shown below. These have to be done in three sections (to be able to fit the leather in the laser), but it is still possible to have a flap and strap closure arrangement. It is also restricted to a single color. This shows the three pieces sewn together.
This option is handy since it can be completed more quickly.
To be able to give you a price quote, I need the following information:
1) How much material do you want the book to hold? (4″ is frequently chosen)
2) What lining do you want, pigskin or deer-tanned cowhide? (pigskin is slightly less expensive, but the deer-tanned cowhide is softer and gives a lusher feel)
a) Side or Top Fold?
b) Closure Flap with Straps? Strap(s) only? Belt with Sam Brown Button?
c) How many Straps/Belts? No closure mechanism.
4) Do you want the edges sewn or laced?
5) Full Color Treatment or a single color? What color(s)?
6) Add Coast Guard Conchos or Rosettes? which and how many?
7) What design/tooling do you want on your Charge Book?
8) Anything else you think I should know.